Saturday, January 18, 2014

eBay/Paypal Scam Victims.

ne of the biggest issues alot of people complant about Paypal is the holds and chargeback. Even Mechant accounts you will have these issues, from time to time, unless you deal local cash only, which you will take alot less and harder to sell, as you are not targeting your group. Always have extra cash set aside, as you always going to be a chance for potential issue and costs, as it part of doing business. Not sure switching merchant accounts is going to help, if just create more issues,Paypal is only out for themselves. They do not want to lose a penny and will not bother to fight for the seller. They will put all of the risk on the backs of sellers and freeze their accounts if a scammer does a fraudulent chargeback. They have no cares or worries. It is up to sellers to fight back and drop their services. All it takes is one bad buyer and you can lose a lot of your hard earned money. Police do not want to get involved. They would be bogged down if they did. 
The best way to look at it is it not really a Paypal issue, because this can happen even with a merchant account to, You will get scammers from time to time, pretty much no matter what service you use. Paypal use to be the worst years ago, doing long unnecessary holds for 180 days to gain interest off the funds and other issues I won't get into here. But they are much better then what they use to be, holds are only for mostly new, or risky sellers and upto 21 days, which is no big deal.

Ebay.com or online selling Seller Rule#1: NEVER ship to a different address then the one provided by Paypal (Print your postage through Paypal's as well) and NEVER let an item to be picked up. Either will bring an instant, un-reversible chargeback. If you do allow a pickup, mail a receipt with delivery conformation to the buyer's Paypal's address.

EBay owns PayPal and neither are good businesses to get involved with. Please be aware they will screw people over for just dollars. Both buyers and seller scams are rampant and most are known about. No real customer support or "Protection". Buy and sell locally support your area not faceless people on the internet. The following are those victims i collected information in an interview.



Victim #1

Johnny
I got scammed once for a $789 on ebay The seller claimed the item was damaged in shipping and claimed since I declined shipping insurance it was my loss. I wasn't offered any shipping insurance since I wasn't the one shipping it. It took 4 months but I finally got my item. Turned out he just didn't ship it. Ebay finally takes scamming serious now and looks out for the buyer. Your money gets refunded within 30 days of payment if you're scammed in anyway.

Victim #2

Alysandra

I can emphatize with you all, I have been ripped off by a seller and did a chargeback after realizing she was a scam and had rippoff reports and warnings already.she changed the name of her website that's why I couldn't find records of her, she took off with my money before I could file the dipute, its written -$--- in the gross, which means kiss goodbye to my load of cash. you guys should follow her example, been a scammer for years, and she doesn't use that account in receiving payments, just mine. im still hoping for moneyback. will paypal pay for it ?shoud I file a claim to BBB tooo for paypal to assist and get me back my money

Victim 3#

Warren

Ebay does not have your back.  They fully fund all buyer protection cases through charges to sellers.  Then if the buyer stubs their toe and returns the item and leaves you low detailed seller ratings ebay kicks you off.  As much as ebay would love to tell you the do protect sellers its a sham. They wont protect you unless your a mega seller.  You will never win a seller protection case unless there is fraud involved.  Shame on ebay, they just purges their system of many old time sellers who help them start their business to the tune of 100,000 plus seller were kicked off for not meeting their "seller criterium".  Dont fool your self they dont have your back they have the buyers back because thats what drives sales on ebay.  Do a google search on seller protection on ebay and you will see tens of thousand of complaints for the sellers side of the story. I sold a laptop on Ebay.The buyer swapped out the motherboard for a defective one.They returned the laptop with the bad board and Ebay refunded the buyer their money.I was out the laptop and the $150 for the laptop
Ebay and Paypal are only in favor of the buyer.

Victim #4

Sally

I once had an ebay buyer ask me via message if I could give them my cell phone for less money than what I had it listed for. They gave me a sob story too about how poor they were and how badly they needed my cell phone for cheap. I just told the person "I will move my listing to buy it now or best offer" .. They offered me a cheap price. Someone else offered me a much higher price, so I gave it to the higher person. The person who gave me the cheap offer was not happy lol.









No comments:

Post a Comment